external factors have great influence on the characteristics and life of aluminum electrolytic capacitors. according to the experience of capacitor manufacturers, the main influencing factors are as follows;
1、 频率太高。通过电容器的电流i=2π fcv，随所加频率的增加，再加上表层效应，电极的有效面积与频率的平方根成反比，所以若加以超额频率，电解电容因过热而导致不良。
1. too high frequency. the current through the capacitor i = 2 π fcv. with the increase of frequency and the surface effect, the effective area of electrode is inversely proportional to the square root of frequency.
2. the voltage is too high. if the voltage of the circuit exceeds the rated voltage of the capacitor itself for a long time, it will not only shorten the service life of the capacitor, but also cause noise, and in serious cases, the capacitor will explode.
3. high temperature environment: low insulation resistance, easy to produce breakdown or short life, once high temperature, its series resistance will increase and shorten life.
4. high humidity environment: high humidity will make the outer insulation moisture absorption, resulting in poor insulation or short circuit between the positive lead-in terminal and the aluminum shell (as the negative electrode of capacitor) due to high humidity.
5. low pressure environment: the electrostatic capacity of the capacitor varies with the air pressure.
6. the mechanical pressure of the capacitor itself is too high: the external mechanical pressure, the sudden increase of electrolytic internal pressure, and the leakage of electrolyte inside the capacitor will not only lead to the deterioration of the performance of the capacitor itself, but also cause the corrosion damage of the parts near the capacitor.